FAQ of Hand-Blended Bar Harbor Tea
1. Do you do your own blending?
Yes. All teas, all ingredients are selected by us and blended in-house.
2 . Where do the teas come from?
The base tea is not generally grown in the U.S. We import our teas from all of the traditional tea-growing regions of the world, such as India, Africa, China, as well as small tea growers
3. Are your teas gluten free?
3. Do you buy from someone else and just put your own label on it?
No. We are authentic. We're starting from scratch.
4. Are any of your teas caffeine-free?
Yes. All of our herbals are completely caffeine free. We also have decaffeinated green and black selections available.
5. How long will it take until I receive my online order?
Packages generally ship out in a day or two once order is received.
6. What method do you ship via?
7. Can you send this item as a gift?
Yes. You may include a note that it is a gift and we are happy to include a message from you.
8. How long is tea good for?
Once opened, we ask you to use it in 1-2 years for best results.
9. How do you store the tea?
In an airtight container, out of light, away from humidity. A kitchen cupboard it perfect.
9. How do I brew the tea?
Each tea has different brewing instructions. Please see the label.
Black tea brew 4 minutes at 212 degress
Green tea brew 3 minutes at 180 degrees
Herbal tea brew 4-6 minutes at 212 degrees.
10. How do you make iced tea?
Follow hot brew method, let it cool, pour over ice. Add your favorite sweetener if desired.
11. What is the material of your teabags? Is it plastic?
It is an advanced material which is 100% compostable and derived from corn starch.
12. Are the Dunoon mugs from England?
Yes. We import them directly from England. These are not seconds, they are first quality imported directly from the factory. We are one of the largest suppliers of Dunoon in the United States.